Disclosure: this post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Popping in today to share this awesome little recipe! These are so easy to make and are even better to have on hand for an on-the-go breakfast for busy mornings! Or as a snack. Yum snacks.
I made these in my super trusty Instant Pot but I am sure you could make them in the oven as well. I love that these egg cups have a minimal ingredient list but still have fat, protein and veggies! Perfect. You could definitely get creative with add-ins and really customize these to make them your own.
I’m thinking that peppers, breakfast sausage or onions would all make a fantastic addition. And you could easily double this recipe to have breakfast on hand all week long!
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash Egg Cups
(PALEO, WHOLE30, 21DSD, GRAIN FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE,)
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES + 15 MINUTES TO COME TO PRESSURE
1 spaghetti squash, cut in half crosswise
1 c. water
1-2 handfuls of arugula or spinach
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. sea salt
- Start by cutting the spaghetti squash in half so you have two ends. Don’t cut lengthwise because they likely won’t fit in the Instant Pot 😉
- Scoop out the seeds from the two halves and discard.
- Place the two halves on the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot and add the cup of water.
- Select “Pressure Cook” on high and set timer to 7 minutes.
- When the time is up, manually release the pressure and remove the spaghetti squash.
- Using a fork, remove the strands from the spaghetti squash and place in a bowl. Throw away the spaghetti squash skin.
- Combine spaghetti squash with eggs, arugula and spices – mix to combine.
- Spoon into individual silicone molds or small ramekins. I got 6 out of mine.
- Leave the cup of water in the Instant Pot and place the trivet inside. Place silicone cups or ramekins on top of the trivet.
- Select “manual/ pressure cook” and set timer to 20 minutes.
- Let Instant Pot do its thing and when the time is up, manually release the pressure.
- I recommended putting these in the oven or toaster oven before eating to get a slight crunchy texture! Broiling for a few minutes on high does the trick 🙂
- Top with hot sauce or whatever you like!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter! I share even more nutrition advice, recipes you won’t find on the website and special discounts.