Disclosure: this post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Coming at you today with a meal that can be on the table in under 30 minutes! Because who really has time for a recipe that takes hours and special equipment? Not me these days!
What I love about this dish is that it is so easy to whip up. It also pairs perfectly with potatoes, sweet potatoes or any other carb you might like! I have had it with rice and a baked potato and have loved it both ways. Not into the carb thing? Cool, eat it as is! Can’t go wrong with meat + veggies!
I also wanted to throw this recipe out there to see if there is some interest in 30 minute meals. A popular concept but not always easy to jump right into. I have tons of tricks and tips up my sleeve for quick and easy meals that I would be happy to share if there is an interest 🙂
One thing that is necessary for this dish: either a cast iron skillet or oven safe pan. I love my cast iron skillet and am not sure what I would do without it! They transition seamlessly from the stovetop to the oven and provide a nice even cooking surface.
Without further ado, my first easy 30 minute meal! I hope you love it as much as I do!
30 Minute Chicken and Cabbage Skillet
(PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, WHOLE30)
PREP TIME: 10 MIN. COOK TIME: 25 MIN.
1-2 tbs. cooking fat of your choice – I used ghee
1 lb. chicken thighs, skinless and boneless if you prefer otherwise skin-on and bone-in will work
½ head cabbage, core removed and cut into 1″ wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Place cast iron skillet on a burner and turn the heat to low. Add in your fat of choice and heat until the fat is melted and coats the pan. Ignore this step if your skillet is already greased and ready to go!
- Place the chicken thighs in the bottom of the skillet spaced apart evenly – you want to leave room for the cabbage wedges!
- Fill in the rest of the space with the cabbage and press down lightly to make sure everything is even in the skillet to ensure even cooking.
- Sprinkle with the Magic Mushroom Powder (or sea salt) and pat lightly to press the seasonings into the chicken and cabbage.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, keeping an eye on the skillet at around 22 minutes to ensure doneness.
- Chicken is ready when there is no pink left and it is an internal temperature of 165° (I love this thermometer for this) and cabbage is wilted and browned!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter! I share even more nutrition advice, recipes you won’t find on the website and special discounts.