Disclosure: this post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Happy Friday! Cookies are for Fridays. Yep, they just go together. I am feeling all the feels today before starting my new job so I am trying to lay low and just stay calm. I tend to get pretty anxious before big life changes and tend to think in terms of worst case scenarios. WHAT IF I DON’T MAKE FRIENDS, WHAT IF THEY DON’T LIKE ME, WHAT IF I’M NOT GOOD AT IT. And many more things.
What I am trying to do is flip the script. I got this term from Noelle of Coconuts and Kettlebells and it is all about trying to shift your mindset. Instead of wasting time thinking of worst case scenarios I am trying to manifest positive vibes and create a more positive energy rather than putting more negative energy out into the universe. Sound a little woo? Maybe. But it sounds better than worrying about things that are out of my control.
One thing I have been crazy about lately is turmeric! I posted about two weeks back about this amazing Golden Milk from Gaia Herbs and I have seriously been using it every day. Turmeric has some amazing anti-inflammatory benefits and since I am heading into a period of elevated stress – starting a new job and moving apartments in the same week – I think getting as much turmeric in as possible sounds like a greeeaat idea.
Ginger Turmeric Chocolate Chip Cookies (Paleo)
(PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, GRAIN-FREE)
YIELD: 12 COOKIES SERVES 6
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES BAKE TIME: 6-8 MINUTES
1 egg, room temperature
¼ c. coconut sugar
2 tbs. coconut flour, sifted
2 tsp. turmeric
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ c. dairy-free chocolate chips
¼ c. crystallized ginger, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking pan (9×13) with parchment paper.
- Combine cashew nut butter, ghee, egg, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in coconut flour, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and baking soda.
- Add in chocolate chips and crystallized ginger.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, form into 12 tablespoon size balls and put onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, watching at the 6 minute mark so that cookies don’t get too browned. They will continue to cook a little once out of the oven.
- Remove from oven, let cool on pan for 10 minutes so they don’t crumble and transfer to cooling rack.
- Enjoy once cooled a bit!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter! I share even more nutrition advice, recipes you won’t find on the website and special discounts.