Disclosure: Please keep in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning if you go through the links to purchase an item, I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and I will never recommend a product if I don’t fully love it or use it myself!
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite meals. It takes less than 30 minutes start to finish and is so delish! Did you get an Instant Pot for Christmas?! If so, you HAVE to make this recipe!!
This recipe can be easily made higher or lower carb depending on your dietary needs or wants. I love to serve it over simple cauliflower rice for a lower carb meal and over white rice for a higher carb option – especially after a workout! There is no right answer in this scenario, just whatever you are feeling in the moment or have time for.
I also love this recipe because it really tenderizes the meat. Sirloin can very easily become dry and tough to chew but the Instant Pot does a brilliant job of keeping it super moist and doesn’t overcook the meat.
Since it is still January and I know a ton of people are following either a healthier eating plan or trying to be more healthy overall I wanted to provide a recipe that tastes like an indulgence but is super easy to make! I love being able to feel like I have a really delicious meal that took hardly any effort and is full of super high quality ingredients.
Sometimes it can *seem* so much easier to just throw the towel in and grab takeout on the way home but knowing exactly what goes into my food on a daily basis is really important to me and definitely pays off in the long run. As far as I’m concerned, health isn’t so much all the little details but the habits that you practice *most* of the time that really matter.
Have I convinced you to give this a try yet?! Let me know if you love it in the comments!!
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
(PALEO, WHOLE30, 21DSD, GRAIN FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE,)
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES + 15 MINUTES TO COME TO PRESSURE
2 lbs sirloin steak cut into thin strips (as thin as you can safely get them)
2 tbs. avocado, sesame or olive oil
¼ c. fresh squeezed orange juice
¼ c. coconut aminos
1 tsp. ginger powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. fish sauce
3 c. broccoli, florets cut from stem
- Start by cutting the sirloin into thin strips.
- Combine oil, orange juice, coconut aminos, ginger powder, garlic powder, black pepper and fish sauce in a large bowl. Mix to combine fully.
- Add the beef strips and marinate at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. You can skip this step if you’d like but it makes the meat SO MUCH MORE flavorful!
- After marinating, add the meat and marinating juices into the Instant Pot.
- Put on lid securely and select either the “Meat/Stew” function or “Pressure Cook” on high and set timer to 10 minutes.
- When the time is up, manually release the pressure.
- Add the broccoli on top of meat and fasten lid again.
- Select “Pressure Cook” and set timer to 0 minutes (yes there is a 0 minutes!) to steam the broccoli.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and manually release pressure when timer goes off.
- Carefully spoon out broccoli over cauliflower or regular rice and place beef on top. Use some of the juice for a sauce and ENJOY!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter! I share even more nutrition advice, recipes you won’t find on the website and special discounts.