Happy Friday! Wowza Christmas sure is close! How did that happen?! Phew I feel semi ready, but the biggest problem is there isn’t any snow here in Minnesota! Which is pretty crazy because this is kind of the land of ice and snow and cold weather. There has been a bit of heat wave and the daily temperatures have been around 35-40 degrees. Way weird for Minnesota for December.
I’m sure it will get colder soon and then I’ll be complaining that it’s too cold. On that note, I’m pretty okay with a non-white and snowy Christmas. On another note, this Instant Pot Chimichurri Chicken is SOOOO good! I never knew how obsessed with sauces I was until I started making my own! It changes the flavor profile of the dish so much and nobody wants to eat dry or unflavorful food. Nobody.
Instant Pot Chimichurri Chicken
(PALEO, WHOLE30, 21DSD, GRAIN FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE,)
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES + 15 MINUTES TO COME TO PRESSURE
2-3 lbs. chicken breast or thighs, boneless
1 c. bone broth (homemade or store bought)
1 tsp. sea salt
1 cup cilantro, stems and leaves
1 cup Italian parsley, stems and leaves
½ c. olive oil
½ c. red wine vinegar
½ tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Start by placing the chicken into the Instant Pot, leave chicken in whole breasts or thighs, no need to cut into cubes!
- Place broth and salt on top of chicken and set Instant Pot timer to 8 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release the pressure manually.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the Chimichurri Sauce!
- Using a high powered blender or food processor, place all ingredients into and blend until fully combined.
- When chicken is ready and cooled slightly, shred with two forks and then top with the Chimichurri Sauce (you won’t want to top with the sauce while the chicken is really hot or the sauce will be runny).
Sign up for my monthly newsletter! I share even more nutrition advice, recipes you won’t find on the website and special discounts.