It’s Friday, Friday gotta get down on Friday! Name that reference… anyone? I am excited for it to be the weekend and to get to spend some time with my siblings who are flying into Minnesota for Christmas! Yay!
Do you have any exciting plans or traditions around this time of the year? I always get wait until the very last minute to buy Christmas presents so I assume that’s what I’ll be doing this weekend (along with all the other procrastinators in the world!).
I posted this recipe to Instagram a few weeks back but decided it deserved its own blog post because they are so delicious! I believe chai counts as a festive holiday spice, so I am still into these all season long!
Chai Peanut Butter Muffins (Gluten-Free)
(GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, NUT-FREE)
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES BAKE TIME: 25 MINUTES
½ c. coconut flour
½ c. tapioca starch (I love and use Namaste Foods brand)
2 chai tea bags (cut bags open and use all spices inside) or 2 tsp. Blue Lotus Chai tea mix
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
pinch sea salt (I always use Redmond Real Sea Salt)
½ c. peanut butter (can also sub for almond butter or any other nut or seed butter that you like)
4 eggs, whisked
½ c. non-dairy milk, I used coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a muffin tin with liners or use a silicone muffin pan.
- Combine coconut flour, tapioca starch maple sugar, chai tea bag spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl until completely combined.
- Add in peanut butter, eggs, coconut milk and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Fill the muffin pan two-thirds of the way full with batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, checking at 20 minutes.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a baking sheet. Enjoy!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter! I share even more nutrition advice, recipes you won’t find on the website and special discounts.