I hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving and (maybe even more importantly…) I hope you still have some cranberry sauce left!! If not, you can always whip up a super easy batch of my Ginger-Apple Cranberry Sauce. I usually don’t feel much like cooking the day after Thanksgiving, but baking is a completely different story. These little muffins are fantastic for brunch or a sort of a breakfast biscuit.
Slightly sweet and tart from the cranberries, these little muffins are delightfully moist. I was inspired to make these because I always LOVE using leftover cranberry sauce as a jelly or jam on baked goods or toast post-Thanksgiving! Leftovers are the absolute best part of Thanksgiving in my mind! Lots of turkey bone broth and turkey soup to be made! Ahhh, best get started.
Cranberry Leftovers Muffins (Gluten-Free)
(GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, NUT-FREE)
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES BAKE TIME: 15 MINUTES
1 ½ c. gluten free flour blend (I love Namaste Foods brand here!)
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ c. ghee, coconut oil or butter, melted
½ c. non-dairy milk, I used coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a muffin tin with liners or use a silicone muffin pan.
- Combine gluten-free flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl until completely combined.
- Add in coconut sugar, ghee, non-dairy milk and egg. Mixing until a smooth batter forms.
- Fill 8 of the muffin wells ⅓ of the way full.
- Spoon in about 1 heaping tbs. of the cranberry sauce into the middle of the batter. Repeat for the remaining 7 muffins.
- Scoop batter on top of the cranberry filling so that the muffins are about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, checking at 15 minutes.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a baking sheet. Enjoy!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter! I share even more nutrition advice, recipes you won’t find on the website and special discounts.