It’s November! Seriously, how did that even happen?! Seems like just a little bit ago it was springtime. This time of year always makes me a bit anxious. I am not much of a snowy weather person – I really like being outside climbing or trail running and those are a bit hard in the snow. So I tend to become a little bit more introverted and tend to stay indoors more, which tends to make me a bit antsy.
This year though, I have decided I am going to start to accept that the seasons change and instead of trying to GO GO GO year round, I am going to let myself be okay with slowing down a bit. I am hoping that by creating this space that I can start to enjoy the winter months a little more.
In the mean time, I bring you PUMPKIN PANCAKES! Guys, it’s still fall so these are still 100% acceptable. Actually, pumpkin spice is a year round thing for me so don’t even worry about it if I am still making these in the summer…
Let’s talk toppings: maple syrup + butter (classic!), pecans, fruit jelly + peanut butter, ghee, almond butter, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips… there are soooo many options! Make these your own and just remember that toppings know no limits.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
(PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, NUT-FREE OPTION)
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
¾ c. pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
½ c. full-fat coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
¼ c. maple syrup (or honey) plus more for topping
⅓ c. coconut flour, sifted
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. vanilla or vanilla bean powder
1 tsp. baking soda
ghee or coconut oil or butter for the pan
- Preheat a large skillet on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in sifted coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda. Stir until no clumps remain.
- Melt your oil or fat of choice in the skillet, should be evenly heated and make sure the whole pan is coated in oil to the pancakes don’t stick!
- Using a ½ c. measuring cup to scoop batter out and into the skillet. Use the measuring cup to spread the pancakes out as large as you would like them.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until small bubbles start to form on the topside.
- Flip and cook until golden brown and continue with the rest of the batter. I got about 8 pancakes
- Top with ALL THE GOOD STUFF! My favorites are ghee + maple syrup + pecans
Sign up for my monthly newsletter! I share even more nutrition advice, recipes you won’t find on the website and special discounts.