Good morning from dark and chilly Spokane! Though it is cold this morning, the temps are supposed to rise to the mid 60s with sunny skies. Absolute perfection in my mind. Enough about the weather, let’s get to the good stuff!
This apple spice bread is gluten free, dairy free and sweetened with the help of applesauce! It will make your whole house smell AMAZING, like you just whipped up an apple pie. Hints of cinnamon and nutmeg pair perfectly with the apple and create the perfect fall snack or dessert!
The applesauce replaces any oil or butter and makes the loaf super moist and soft. Pair it with some butter, ghee or apple butter (OMG ded!) and you have yourself a healthy snack filled with healthy fats! Definitely let me know if you love it ❤
Apple Spice Bread
(GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, NUT-FREE)
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES BAKE TIME: 60 MINUTES
1 ¾ c. gluten free flour blend (I love Namaste Foods brand here!)
1- 2 tbs. coconut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. apple pie spice (can sub 2 tsp. cinnamon and ½ tsp. nutmeg)
¾ c. coconut or maple sugar
1 c. applesauce (no sugar added)
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
¼ c. ghee or coconut oil, melted (can also sub butter)
¼ c. coconut milk (can also use almond or any other non-dairy sub)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease liberally with ghee or coconut oil. I have a silicone one that I love! No lining or greasing necessary.
- Combine dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients (start with just one tbs. coconut flour) and add in the eggs one at a time, whisking after each egg.
- Add in the rest of the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Make sure you don’t over mix or the loaf will have a tougher texture. Batter will be pretty thin but you can add in another tbs. of coconut flour if necessary to thicken it up a bit.
- Place loaf in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, checking every 5 minutes after the 50 minute mark.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a baking sheet. Let cool before cutting and cut into 12 pieces. Enjoy!